FRIDAY, Aug. 31, 2018 (HealthDay News) -- Possible Escherichia coli contamination has triggered the recall of ground beef products made from chuck that were sold at Publix Super Markets in Florida.
The products were bought by consumers between June 25 and July 31, 2018, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) said.
Officials have identified 18 cases of E. coli O26-caused illness that began between July 5 and July 25. All of the patients ate ground chuck products bought at various Publix Super Markets. Most of the patients were in Florida.
The supplier of the ground chuck products has yet to be determined, and the investigation is continuing, the FSIS said. The agency added that it is concerned that some of these recalled products may be in people's freezers. Consumers with these products should throw them away or return them to the place of purchase.